Thursday, March 5, 2009

triceratop high top

My meal tonight was delectable beyond description. After a gorgeous bike ride against the brilliantly lit tucson pink sunset to safeway, roomsiez and I made a feast from our hand-picked ingredients. The steamer/microwave combo was challenging but all turned out soft and edible. The yam was maybe a sweet potato (still adored by buds) and either way nothing beats the satiation of a long craved artichoke. Rice is always grainy and golden too. We topped it off a few hours later with a butter and brown sugar melted mess of cinnamon apple slices. They were a nice reward for hard work spent on dry chemistry readings and soccoro Quia exercizes. I am doing pretty well with my no cookies, cakes, candy, ice cream, modified and intentional sugary dessert denial. A lot better than at least I thought I could do. Lent ahhhh lent. GS cookies will be so enjoyed in April.

 GOALS -transient and permanent:
*5K run marathon thingamiwhopper
(at least a mile and building up to a mile + a day)
*Mentor/hang more with Daniel
*Start volunteering somewhere
*Do better on science exams, actually all exams for that matter
*Ignore dumb boys with incessant remarks from their peters
*Laugh more
*Dance more
*Drink more...water
*Stress less
*Pick less
*Sigh less
*Mope less
*Get FRESH!

Lately my eyes have been gaining their focus back, the depth has widened. And I am glad. Hah. Never could I imagine seeing the once prissy and noble-blooded sorority girl down the hall surrender her lips to a drinking fountain...best sight everrr. Lately I can smile and look strangers in the eye, knowing that this day we shared mutual and simplistic happiness. By no means does it signify that our lives are perfect, but that we are making progression in areas and that things are slightly better than they once were. I like the way time ticks, the way it holds extreme power to change people, things and seasons. The warm front makes me smile. Summer will be hot but I am assured it will warm my soul and give me a little color I have lacked for too long. Tomorrow I am going away to a land of prodigious nostaligia. Grandad's house is doused with eerie spirits yet I find peace in the place I spent my youth. I would rearrange the intricately detailed plaster dog with his blanket in his basket everytime. Play hide and seek in all the various crannies that made the place what it was. Key lime pie yogurt consumed for breakfast in the morning. Seeing her handwriting on the cupboards with birthdays reminds me how thoughtfully caring and optimistic she was. I can never forget her and never get enough of the grand generation of blood I am hoping to bond with this weekend. And so it is, in one more class and 12 hours, the WEEEEEKEND    =D

P>S> MA just cooed out the window to find a sydnee squid, a dusty dog and a barbara bush baby. It was real unexpected, ha ha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment