Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trickly Trickle

rain can be the most therapeutic thing. It's a loving sound to sleep to- like a swing to a baby. I feel bad for him and her who are probably drenched and frightened by the thunder/lightning. I would bring them in but I am no dog sitter and it is too early for that. I wish I was with the person I love, watching it on a swingy porch. Instead I am bundled up tight in an empty silent house watching time pass and telling myself how I should get to bed- 5 o clock comes all too quickly. 
But I can't I'm too busy thinking about all I am missing. There is too much excitement outside and in my head to hand the night over. This week has been wack.
A boyfriend who verbally abandons, makes surprise visits to the house and repetitious phone calls during what would be the last week of hand holding. And then I throw up twice out of nowhere...I haven't barfed it seems since pull-ups. No more vomiting please. And today...a homeless man, local man, hank man from the outskirts of work is spotted begging by eclectic cafe on tanque verde and sabino canyon's median. He then spots me, drops his sign and asks for a lift. Sure, why not? (the good samaritan says inside of me forgetting that he is a perfect stranger usually always drunk and drugged) So where we going? I ask. Ccan we stop by the store to get a beer? he pleads. I said no I 'm sorry I'm out of money and in a hurry- where am I taking you? -I ask the second time. He says my son's house drive here and turn there la la la. We get to the house and he invited me in for a quick second to meet his son H.G. (Hank JUNIOR?). So I nod my head, go inside, shake his hand and easily remove myself from the awkward and potentially dangerous situation. I cannot make my way out of course without an invitation from Hank to hang out a while, not without "quickie" inappropriate remarks and moves for that matter when he taps me on the butt with his "homeless" cardboard. It could have ended so bad, and I am glad I got to help the man out without ruining myself.

Thanks angel. We'll see how oddly the rest of the week will shape up.
 Hope it's in my favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment